Friday 21 May 2010

15.724.800

That’s how many seconds I’ve got left. Until my time is up. My time in Belgrade that is.


With so little time left, I have got to get myself together and really make most of each day. Here is a list of 11 things I’ve got to do before I say sayonara to this place:

1. Talk to random strangers and demanding they become friends with me in Park Prijateljstva (The Friendship Park), because, you know, the park’s gotta live up to its name

2. Sort out the mess that’s called Slavija Trg, but like this

3. Drive up north and take the EXIT to Novi Sad (Been hearing this talk about this famous EXIT festival in Novi Sad ever since the day I got here. I don’t really get what’s so special about an EXIT. And I surely don’t get why they need to organize a festival around it. I mean an exit it’s just a road that takes you off the highway into a city – how awesome is that? But hey I’ve got to figure out what all the fuss is about)

4. Order a pljeskavica but ask for the vegetarian option

5. Get Victor a pair of boxers. Poor guy’s been banned to Kalemegdan only because he forgot to put his trousers on

6. Stop time on Republic Square on 30th of May ;)

7. Reenact the Titanic “I am the King of the world” scene on a boat on the Danube

8. Burn myself a mixed CD with typical Serbian music (read turbo folk), cause turbo folk rules. To all of you who don’t like it: you have no taste in music. Whatsoever.

9. Being a typical Dutch, I miss my bike. What better way to practice my favourite past time then by organizing a bike ride along the river starting from Zemun à la this

10. Swim to Great War Island to get up close and personal with the Smoke Monster. Oh, wrong island?

11. Celebrate my mastering of the Serbian language by getting a tattoo with “pisati inspiriše”

2 comments:

  1. bring me a real burek, please! evs, trains, balkans, people... missing everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!

    Where did you do your EVS? And what did you do?
    Balkans (place and people) rocks :)

    Burek, Ćevapi, Pljeskavica - definitely three of the best things about the Balkans ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails