Friday 4 June 2010

The End


*This post is about LOST. If you know it and like it, keep reading, if you don’t, then skip :)

It’s the end of an era for me.

Ever since 23 May 2010 I have been living in denial. I just didn't want to face it. I just couldn't accept it.

LOST is gone. Over. Finito.

It’s time to move on. I never thought I would be the kind of person that would get addicted to a FICTIONAL world. It’s just a TV show, people tell me (obviously the ones that don’t get LOST). It’s not real, why are you so into it?

Well, LOST was not just a TV show. It was a philosophy. It made me think about certain things. It made me think about life, death, science, religion – the supernatural. Now, I was not a religious person at all, but LOST challenged my beliefs.

In the end though, the show was about people – what made them do the things they did, what made them become the person they are this day. It was about seeking redemption, it was about forgiving, but not forgetting. It showed that nobody is perfect – that everyone has flaws – but it’s how you deal with them that makes the difference.

The ending may not have pleased all viewers, but it did satisfy me. For some the ending was a bit too spiritual. I interpreted as people finally accepting, letting go and MOVING ON. Where to, well, that’s something every individual can make up for themselves.

LOST has brought me more than just entertainment, it taught me a life lesson:

Hold on to the people that matter and let go of the things/people that don’t.

And for now, I am letting you go, LOST. Not because you don't matter anymore, but because I accept. I accept that it's over. For the past 6 years many things happened: situations changed - I moved, people came and went - but you were the one constant in my life.

But now it’s time to move on and to find another one. One that matters. To hold on to.

As for you, LOST, see you in another life, brotha ;)

1 comment:

  1. I entered this site by chance, but I found very interesting. A greeting to all the people who visit this page.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails